Monday, May 21, 2007

Winter, fire and friends

I would not say that I love winter! I am, and always will be a summer girl.
But this does not mean that I cannot appreciate the beauty that winter brings along in it’s own special way. For we know that without winter we would never have appreciated spring in its wonderful glory.

A Friend of mine had her birthday on the 8th of May and she invited a few girls over for tea.
On arrival I was greeted by a pretty sight. For a few days the fallen leaves were not raked and she used this lovely scene at her front door. We were treated with a rose water drink and cheese straws.
Inside a fire greeted us to say…feel welcome .

















This poem is to my friend Estelle:

A Poet once this sentence penned:
One is rich who has a friend.
I read it and I thought, how true...
He must have had a friend like you!

2 comments:

Gypsy Purple said...

Baie mooi....kan sommer sien dit was baie keurig gedoen...en so `n pragtige mens...

IndigoGirl said...

What beautiful pictures! It looks really inviting. Nice post for your friend!